Sarah’s 25 years of health policy work in national non-profit, academic, public interest law, and State government venues – including 6 years of regulatory work in the North Carolina Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Programs – have prepared her to work with diverse clients in the dynamic landscape of Medicaid Transformation in North Carolina. Sarah has extensive legislative drafting and analysis, grant writing, and program planning and evaluation experience. Sarah enjoys synthesizing and distilling complex concepts for non-legal audiences and developing trainings for individuals with diverse professional backgrounds and roles within their agencies.
During her tenure in State government, Sarah fielded policy inquiries from consumers, providers, law firms, the General Assembly, the Governor’s office, and U.S. Congressional offices. She continues to monitor and analyze federal and State legal authorities to inform clients’ policy decisions and compliance efforts across numerous operational areas in the Medicaid program.
As a CCR consultant, Sarah engages in:
- Association management, including: annual conference planning and leadership; informing and advising Board members; Website content; policy newsletters; and representation at meetings with State government officials, General Assembly Members, LME/MCOs, and collaborating provider agencies and health care associations;
- Assisting providers with executing business strategies for success in Medicaid managed care, including preparation for State facility licensure and provider network applications;
- Guiding providers through operational assessments and service enhancement planning;
- Monitoring and analyzing emergent federal and State legislative and policy directives for applicability to client operations;
- Serving as a North Carolina Medicaid law expert witness; and
- Preparing and delivering health policy trainings to provider groups across the State.